Presented by Mike McKlement
It's easy to forget that confidence is a skill and you have to learn it, and practise it. Whether it’s dealing with challenges at work, speaking in a group or changing jobs, we all face situations in our lives where we need to have confidence, or to at least have the tactics to appear as though we have confidence.
This course will pass on to you proven techniques for displaying confidence which you will be able to use immediately, helping you to develop the confidence, self-belief, motivation and positivity to start transforming your life straightaway.
UK confidence coach and international best-selling author Mike McClement uses his experience and trusted formulas to give you practical techniques for developing confidence, which can be deployed whatever your situation and are personal to you. With the guarantee that there will only be 6 other people on your course, you can be assured that your session will provide a personal and focused learning environment that is relaxed and informal in which you can ask questions and get the answers you need.
As their site conveys, "Everyone on the course will be struggling with confidence in some way. There’s no need to feel anxious or embarrassed. In fact, being with other people who want to tackle self-confidence is helpful in itself. You’ll leave the course with a Personal Confidence Plan. You’ll feel more in control and your personal plan will act as a route marker on your journey to greater self-confidence."
What to expect?
People normally arrive for coffee around 9.15am ready for the start at 9.30am.The course is relaxed and informal, with timings and content that is flexible and tailored to you. You’ll be one of a small group (maximum 6 people), all of whom will be there for similar reasons to you.
The day is then divided, roughly, into different sections in which you will learn the following:
- How to help you overcome low self-esteem or self-doubt.
- How you come across in a physical sense. Each person receives practical advice on how to engage the group and come across more confidently.
- How to tackle your personal confidence challenges and feel happier out of your comfort zone.
- How to stand up for yourself and get your point across, with techniques to get people to listen to you and respect your opinion, and how to be assertive without coming across aggressively.
- How negativity and self-doubt can impact on your confidence and self-esteem and how to overcome this with practical tips.
- How to focus on the future with a positive frame of mind.
- How to deal with nerves and embarrassment when you’re out of your comfort zone.
- How to say No to people when you’re under pressure.
There’ll be an opportunity to reflect, discuss and record what you can do personally to feel and look more confident over the following weeks and months, leaving with a structured plan to follow called a Confidence Project.
The day will then normally end at about 16.30.
Date: 6 September 2017
Workshop Schedule: Starts at 9:30 am
Location: Park Crescent Conference Centre, Great Portland Street, W1W 5PN
By clicking on this button you agree our Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The Merit Club assumes no responsibility for third party products or services. Your dealings with any third parties mentioned on or found through The Merit Club's website are solely between you and any such third party and are subject to any terms, conditions, privacy policies, warranties or representations associated with such dealings. Your use of a third party site is at your sole risk and, as set forth above, without warranties or legal liability of any kind on the part of The Merit Club.