HOSTED BY How to Academy
Science tells us that women experience burnout differently than men. This ground-breaking talk provides a plan to help women minimise stress, manage emotions and live a more joyful life.
This compassionate, practical and optimistic talk will provide you with the science, inspiration and practical solutions to thrive in a stressed-out, unpredictable and anxious-ridden world.
What to expect?
• How to actually deal with stress and not just the things that cause you stress, e.g. work, money, family. How to separate it and solve it by completing the stress cycle
• How to overcome emotional exhaustion at home and in the workplace – setting boundaries without the guilt, avoid feeling swallowed up by work or suffocated by commitments
• Why sometimes struggling and things ‘going wrong’ increases learning and creativity
• How listening to your ‘inner critic’ and acknowledging limitations helps diminish them
• Why physical activity, affection and human connection are the key tools to combating stress
• Why a lot of advice on stress is unhelpful to women – the majority of research on stress is based on male participants even though women actually respond very differently to stress
• Why different social pressures and expectations on women add to their overall stress burden and why engaging with your ‘something larger’ will help combat them
• Understanding that it is normal – nearly universal – to want to accept and love your body as it is whilst also wanting to change it to conform to the culturally constructed aspirational ideal
Date: WED, MARCH 20, 2019, 6:45 PM – 8:00 PM GMT
Location: Portland Hall
4 - 12 Little Titchfield Street
London W1W 7BY
Investment: £30-£40 + fee & VAT
Please note, this event is not organised by The Merit Club
By clicking on this button you agree our Terms & Conditions
THE MERIT CLUB CURATED EVENTS
Terms & Conditions
The Merit Club assumes no responsibility for third party products or services. Your dealings with any third parties mentioned on or found through The Merit Club's website are solely between you and any such third party and are subject to any terms, conditions, privacy policies, warranties or representations associated with such dealings. Your use of a third party site is at your sole risk and, as set forth above, without warranties or legal liability of any kind on the part of The Merit Club.